Thursday, December 17, 2009

I love lists


Yep, I do love a list... in fact I have been very busy crossing off the things I have achieved from my last list that it got me into the mood to make another list. This time it is all the things I would like to achieve in the holidays....

So far there are 37 things on that list. Make that 36 because my wonderful husband just cleaned all my windows in the house, so that is one thing ticked off!

My list is made up of 3 areas. 1 for business related jobs. Those are the things that I have to do to ensure our two businesses survive. And to make sure the tax department doesn't come looking for me.

The second area is house related jobs. Good old fashioned ironing and sorting out cupboards - blah. All my favourite jobs that really should get done throughout the year, but I claim I am way too busy to do. Time to do them!

Thirdly is all the things I would like to do that I consider fun stuff. Finish craft projects and get more into my Wreck this Journal. Ironically even though I have been busy, busy, busy, I have managed to do a couple of pages of the Journal. AND, shock, horror, I have been writing in my normal journal. Ok, it is pretty run of the mill stuff. But if I am to get my head into some sort of order and achieve some of the things I said I want, then I have to do it!

When I showed said list to my husband he wasn't entirely enthusiastic. He did volunteer to do the windows, which is a huge help and the job has now been done... But he thought that because I made this list then any plans for holidays and get aways are out the (clean) window!

I must point out as (I did with him) that this list was made with the theory that it is a perfect and organised world where time is mine for the taking and I can do anything whenever I want. Long ago I recognised that such a world does not exist and I will have to take another step to see that some of these jobs get done....

Prioritise! At the end of the day it doesn't matter if all of the jobs get done. If I get 3, 4 or more of them done, then it will be 3, 4 or more off my 37 job long list. The rest can likely wait until later anyway.

I will keep you updated as to how my list goes... It will be a bit of an experiment to see then how I can make the other list of things I want to do actually get done!

Happy holidays!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment