Sunday, January 14, 2018

Ahh the weekend!

My second week as a vegetarian is done and dusted. And yep, I have failed at reporting to the world about what I have been eating, so I apologise. But rest assured I have been following a no meat diet and overall I feel good.

Each lunch I have had last week was leftovers from the previous evening's meal. I had left over ravioli from when we went to dinner with friends and then we did host a barbeque with friends the next night. No rice salad, but I did do a potato bake and our guests made a nice green salad which was great for lunch the next day. I also baked a heap of vegies for myself, just to make sure.

With so many leftovers we even managed a dinner from them as well, which was just what I needed after my day at work.

The most epic fail of the week was a "Caesar salad" that I bought from a local take away. I figured I would do the right thing when I ordered and request no bacon or chicken which was fine. When my colleague returned with our food I saw the salad had no dressing or croutons. Basically my vegetarian option for a Caesar salad was lettuce, egg and Parmesan cheese! I certainly won't be ordering from there again.

The win this week was a recipe by Jamie Oliver - Happy Cow Burgers which I have eaten for dinner last night, lunch today and I will be eating again tonight with fresh steamed vegetables.
The burgers are made on frozen broad beans and the taste was amazing - I didn't even notice that it wasn't a lovely homemade rissole. I highly recommend them, even for a whole family meal.

I have planned a week's worth of meals, so let's see how this week goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment