Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Work and old habits

I knew as soon as I went back to work that my daily posts might be delayed. There always seems like so much to do and time doesn't appear to be on my side.
So let's recap now...

Sunday morning was mushrooms with scrambled eggs. Lunch was leftover vegetarian macaroni cheese with some chips. Dinner was vegetarian fajitas.

Monday morning was scrambled eggs on toast. The pasta from the other day did nicely for lunch and dinner was the same sauce used for 5 Spice meatballs smothered over zucchini, carrot, broccolini and white rice. That was an interesting dinner... For sure I thought I would miss the meatballs but serving them up for the others was a piece of cake!

Today's breakfast was boring old toast. Lunch was leftover fajitas which was originally made on kidney beans and corn - super tasty with the addition of an enchilada sauce.
Tonight I convinced my husband to take me to dinner.  The initial reaction was "Why are we paying to go out to eat vegetables?". It is a good opportunity to see how the restaurants deal with vegetarian meals and to get some inspiration - even if I did have a meal plan!

Tomorrow friends are coming to dinner. A good old barbeque is planned.... I will be consciously avoiding the meat and snags for roasted veges. Maybe a potato bake and some rice salad? We shall see how the afternoon ends up!

No comments:

Post a Comment